One of the CAM therapies suggested to patients dealing with chronic illness is Qi Gong, a Chinese martial art devoted to slow, purposeful movement, and breathing.
On the basis of your understanding of the above statement, address the following questions:
- From a physical standpoint, why do you think patients might improve after practicing the art of Qi Gong?
- From a psychological standpoint, what factors may play a role in improving a patient’s healing using this ancient martial are practice?
- Do you feel that the social aspect of Qi Gong (often done in groups) has any bearing on patient wellness?
- How does Qi Gong combine the social aspect of well-being in producing a greater patient immunity response?
In addition to the above questions and keeping in mind the fact that CAM involves key components, which often differ from those of contemporary Western Medical practices, answer the questions listed below:
- How is Qi Gong incorporated into a TCM practice?
- Compare and contrast between TCM and the following practices: Acupuncture, Ayurveda, and Native American healing
- Analyze the similarities and differenes between Qi Gong and Tai Chi?
Just answer question.